Language Art Activities
- What are the key lessons stated by each of the Canadian Forces personnel?
- Contrast any two of the key statements found in the book We’ll Never Forget. (this can be an oral discussion or an oral debate).
- In your opinion, what is the most important statement in the book for Canadians? Why?
- Why did the soldiers and veterans choose to serve Canada?
- What contributions did they achieve?
- How do our Forces personnel feel about young Canadians?
- Which Canadian Forces personnel do you most identify with and why?
- Imagine you are serving in one of the branches of our Canadian Forces. Write a letter home to family or to a friend describing your experience.
- Create a coded message using the Morse Code system of communication.
Creative Art Ideas
- Make a collage that depicts all branches of our Canadian Forces and their contributions to Canada.
- Choose one of the Canadian heroes who are featured in this book. Using a medium of your choice, present him or her in the role in which they performed their duties.
- Create a banner for PEACE that could be used in a Remembrance Day service